[Linphone-developers] macOS Linphone not registering account (Swift)

From: Omar Abbasi
Subject: [Linphone-developers] macOS Linphone not registering account (Swift)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:52:44 -0500

Hi,

I have been attempting to run the macOS Linphone SDK for a while now, but with no luck, I keep getting stuck at one point: No SIP/Network calls are being made or called.

I’ve attempted a lot of things, attempting to drag/drop a pre-built SDK give me a vCard grammar error, which I bypassed after compiling from source (which I documented here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/70355055/2635981).

After successfully compiling for x86_64 on macOS and using the iOS example Swift project as a basis for the Bridging-Header. I get no buildtime errors and all the classes/properties are readily available to me. But as soon as I attempt to register my Account using the Linphone AccountParams property, it does not work and I get no errors or state updates. I’ve recompiled with different flags, looked at the logs for my SIP server and it doesn’t reach it. I’ve also turned off the App Sandbox in Xcode with no luck.

Here are the dev environments I’ve attempted to debug this:

M1 MacBook
Xcode 13.2.1
macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Intel x64
Xcode 13.2.1
macOS Big Sur 11.6.2

I’m sort of lost as to where to go from here, since registering a user is a critical part of the application. It might something extremely simple I’m missing on. Thanks for your help and reading this!

Best
- Omar