linux-c1

Re: Sony Programmable Interrupt Controller

From: Martin Hamilton
Subject: Re: Sony Programmable Interrupt Controller
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 23:56:47 +0100

Jamin "W." Collins writes:

| I've got both the kernel patches applied and compiled, but what is
| the major and minor of the /dev/sonypi device?

I've got...

  address@hidden /martin]# ls -l /dev/sonypi
  crw-r--r--    1 root     root      10, 250 Jun 18 21:14 /dev/sonypi

 ...as per /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sonypi.txt after applying
Stelian's patch

| I'd like to get the jog dial functioning as a mouse scroll wheel.

I've been fiddling around with sonypid so that the jogdial scrolls,
the jogdial button acts as mouse button 1, Fn-F5 runs xsetbrit, Fn-F4
runs gmix, Fn-F3 (un)mutes, and the capture button runs xawtv using
the MotionEye Video4Linux driver.  Almost as much functionality as
under Windows :-)

Shame suspend-to-disk is still a "future", though...

I think the "stuff to run when someone hits a magic key" part really
needs to be driven from a per-user rc file - one or two of the other
jogdial drivers have this already.

Stelian's drivers are in the -ac kernel source tree now, BTW