lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master d810372 3/9: Trade elegance for simplicit

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master d810372 3/9: Trade elegance for simplicity
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 00:16:15 +0200

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 21:37:55 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 10/24/21 12:10 AM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 18:32:44 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> > GC> branch: master
GC> > GC> commit d8103724347db1cf4945adeb5fb9dec4e0a8bf23
GC> > GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> > GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> > GC>
GC> > GC>     Trade elegance for simplicity
GC> >
GC> >  Sorry, I probably should have explained it better, but it can't be that
GC> > simple because this version doesn't work, as can be seen by the errors at
GC> >
GC> >   https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/runs/3986134857
GC>
GC> [Blocked by MS unless you accept their EULA.]

 Sorry, I didn't realize that you could only see the build overview
(because I had checked for this by opening this URL in a "private" Firefox
window), but not the full log without being logged in. I have no idea what
is the point of this restriction :-(

 FWIW there already was a report about this at

https://github.community/t/how-github-action-logs-work-right-now-feels-deeply-anti-collaborative-and-bad/160005

(I hope you can see this one, but if not, its URL should be sufficiently
informative) and, judging from the reply, they didn't seem to be completely
closed to the possibility of removing the requirement for logging in. I've
created a support request about it, let's see if this results in anything.

GC> Thanks for figuring that out.

 I'm just sorry for not explaining it when submitting the original patch.
I've consciously tried being less verbose to avoid flooding you with too
many details, but as you can see, this has its own drawbacks.

GC> I think it's all fixed now.

 Yes, indeed: https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/actions/runs/1383069212
(which you should be able to view) is all green now.

 Thanks for fixing it!
VZ