lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #64010] oss-fuzz integration

From: Ineiev
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #64010] oss-fuzz integration
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 07:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

> Otoh, we (as lwIP) do not even provide our sources as GPL but "only" as
BSD,..

[//www.gnu.org/l/bsd.html "BSD" is ambiguous]: multiple software licenses have
"BSD" in their name; all widely-known ones are free software licenses, but
some of them are GPL-incompatible, therefore unacceptable for Savannah.

> so we're probably part of the "bad guys" as well?

[//www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-copyleft.html Definitely not]; if the GNU
Project thought so, we wouldn't list permissive licenses in our registration
form.

> And finally, let's face reality: we do have a github mirror as well.

As I said in comment #10, mirroring a repository isn't a SaaSS; even if it's
problematic on GitHub, the problems are different.

> We even use it for our CI. And we do so because we're lazy and github "just
works". Does that make us even more bad?

It depends on what your CI does.  SaaSS, like proprietary software, primarily
harms its users, so "bad" isn't the most exact word.  However, I think you
shouldn't use Savannah to direct other people to such things.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?64010>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/