lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] http post using lwip?

From: Bas Prins
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] http post using lwip?
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:48:50 +0200

Dear lwip,
I'd really appreciate some feedback on this. Would it make sense to extend the http_client.c in such a way so that I can choose whether to create HTTP_GET or HTTP_POST requests?

err_t httpc_get_file_dns(const char* server_name, u16_t port, const char* uri, const httpc_connection_t *settings,
altcp_recv_fn recv_fn, void* callback_arg, httpc_state_t **connection);

For example add parameters to that signature to specify the request type? GET/POST + optional post data ?

Something like

enum httpc_request_type {
http_get,
http_post,
};

typedef struct _httpc_request_info {
httpc_request_type type;
const char * post_data;
} httpc_request_info_t;

and add that to the existing functions and implement them accordingly in the http_client? Would that be the correct approach? Would it be valuable for the community?