lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to use LWIP from FreeRTOS tasks - a thread safety q

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to use LWIP from FreeRTOS tasks - a thread safety question
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 17:17:22 +0100

>Hi Peter - Can you start at the beginning?
>Has this ever worked, or for 2 years it always crashed if you used LWIP?
>What exactly "crashes the whole thing"?
>You're aware of the numerous issues surrounding STM-provided Ethernet
>driver?
>Hope this helps,
>Best Regards, Dave

I have spent more time on that LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING=1 issue.
Tracing through the code, it does appear that eventually LWIP does end
up using FreeRTOS mutexes.

It breaks something else however, and I can't easily trace it because
DHCP fails to work, and one can't really trace that because taking a
breakpoint causes timeouts etc. Also that code is too convoluted for
me to understand :)

I have been trying to find advice around the place and this post
summarises my latest findings on this

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/microcontrollers/lwip-32f417-how-to-optimise-network-stack-memory-allocation/msg4295431/#msg4295431