lwip-users

[lwip-users] User or Getting Started Guide

From: Thompson, Jeff
Subject: [lwip-users] User or Getting Started Guide
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 14:53:00 +0000

I’m using lwIP 2.1.2 as provided by our MCU vendor. The vendor example only uses IPv4. Now I need to add support for IPv6 which, I think, means updating to lwIP 2.1.3. While the documentation I can find does an excellent job of detailing lwIP at the micro level (function prototypes and data structures), I would like to see some documentation at the macro level.

Is there a user guide available that explains what structures are needed and what functions to call to get an IPv6 using both static and DHCP methods?

I also need the same information for using an IPv6 address obtained with lwIP for DNS, SNTP, HTTP, and web sockets.

The source code and Doxygen documentation provide insight into all the pieces but don’t do a good job of explaining how to put them together. At least, not for me.

Jeff Thompson  |  Senior Electrical Engineer - Firmware
+1 704 752 6513 x1394
www.invue.com