lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Alternative User-Agent header

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Alternative User-Agent header
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:24:04 -0400 (EDT)

I am personally of two minds here.
First, I understand why the option cannot be saved for good, there are so many places where you might find extra problems looking sort of like a hacker sending such a user agent, or so it seems. what I would personally appreciate though is a way to say switch to an alternative user agent, providing lynx with more than one to choose from if that makes sense. Cloudflare is adding more and more problems, some of their settings allow for lynx, some do not, and that service can track by ip address. Building in a way to access more than one user agent seems to create the best of both worlds.
kare