lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] "503 service unavailable" with lynx @ https://coastlinelibrar

From: russellbell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] "503 service unavailable" with lynx @ https://coastlinelibrarynetwork.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:04:54 -0600

        It worked for me.  I tried a search on 'bananas' which
returned results.  Long ago I switched to a different user-agent header,

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
l_y_n_x

and seems to circumvent servers that block lynx.  Those versions are
vastly out-of-date, which may help, but are merely artifacts of how
long I've been doing this.  Opera comes with a menu of alternate
user-agent headers.

russell bell