Re: [Maposmatic-dev] SSD performance for osm2pgsql

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] SSD performance for osm2pgsql
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:06:27 +0200

* Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> [2010-05-06 20:43:51]:

> When can we get a SSD for the MapOSMatic server ? :-)

Told you that would help, given our I/O bound situation. Problem is SSDs
aren't cheap at all: first OVH server with SSD storage is the SuperPlan
SSD with 2x80GB SSD (raid 0/1 available), at 70e HT :(

I said I'd do it, and didn't have the time yet, but I'll try to ask OVH,
see what they can do for MapOSMatic, and maybe they can throw in SSDs in
our current server graciously? That'd be nice.

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''