Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Info. about map creation

From: Rodrigo Avila
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Info. about map creation
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:51:00 -0300

2010/8/6 Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden>
Initially, we will offer 2 or 3
stylesheets, and we will encourage MapOSMatic users to propose
alternative stylesheets that we could add to the official MapOSMatic
website.
[...]
Unfortunately, a
Mapnik stylesheet contains lots of SQL queries to lookup geographic
elements in the database, and we've considered that allowing users to
upload their own stylesheet would open a big security hole in the
MapOSMatic server.

Thanks for your quick response!

I have a lot of difficult today to print the maps using an inkjet printer, because the  lack of contrast between the background color and secondary/tertiary streets. So, in the creation of styles, please consider remove the background, and use more contrastant colors to clearly define the streets.

I'm sure that if we have some good choices of print style, no one will complain about the lack of a mechanism for uploading styles.

Thanks.

--
Rodrigo de Avila
Analista de Desenvolvimento