[GMG-Devel] 0.5.0 / 0.1.0 goals and our upcoming meeting

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] 0.5.0 / 0.1.0 goals and our upcoming meeting
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 20:57:48 -0500

As said in a previous email, 0.0.4 is out!  I'm very excited by how
things have been going and that we've managed to keep up the momentum
we have.

But we can't stop now!  We've set the goal that we'll try to get up an
example site up in September / October... that's just one month!  Even
though this will be a limited invite launch initially, we're aiming to
launch a service that people will be able to start using (granted,
people who will be forgiving of our still *very* early alpha stage).

So!  There are two things about this email!

MEETING:
--------

I'm proposing this Saturday, 4PM UTC.

We've got a lot to discuss!  This will be a good meeting for both highly
experienced and extremely new contributors to the project.

GOALS FOR THE MONTH
-------------------

We should already start thinking about what goals for the month!  Though
we'll finalize in-meeting, here's some things I'd like to look at:

 - media licensing features
 - Getting our docs in order
 - usability testing!  We need people who are new to the project to see
   how clean the project feels
 - nailing down theming stuff (includes http://mediagoblin.org theming)
 - internals
 - translations
 - RDFa markup
 - password recovery
 - environment dump / loading tools
 - rackspace cloud files / openstack swift storage support
 - 0.0.4 bugs
 - processing / processing panel stuff (Chris is on this!)
 - bugtracker migration (Will is on this!)

Other things you want to talk about?  Dump here, or just come prepared
to our meeting.

--
The bottom line.