Re: [GMG-Devel] 11/1 -- Saturday 4pm UTC -- Contributor meeting!

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] 11/1 -- Saturday 4pm UTC -- Contributor meeting!
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:00:41 -0500

Hey all,

So 0.1.0 is out!  And I think this next meeting really is going to be an
important one.  So if you can come, I hope you will come!

0.1.0 was supposed to put down the foundations of the application and
build a nice piece of image gallery software in the process.  There's a
lot more that I think MediaGoblin is capable of, and now's a great time
for us to start fleshing out our upcoming roadmap.

So!  In addition to the previous email's discussion points, here's some
more thoughts of things *I'd* like to discuss at least!

 - Starting real work on federation (via OStatus)... and do we split any
   of this work out into its own library?
 - An API
 - Creative Commons licensing tools
 - Merging in the multimedia/video branch
   (this is *very close* already actually thanks to the hard work of
   Joar Wandborg!  But we need some help on the gstreamer front to fix a
   few issues... if you or someone you know is an expert in this area we
   could really use their help to make the videos that come out smoother!)
 - Rollover items from 0.1.0

What else belongs in our glorious near-future?  Come and talk about it
with us!  And bring a friend!  We're looking forward to seeing you there!
:)