Re: [GMG-Devel] One click installer for MediaGoblin?

From: Mu
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] One click installer for MediaGoblin?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:48:42 +0100

Hi.

I have known MediaGoblin for a day until now, so someone correct me if
I make a mistake.

I think MG isn't prepared for 1CI right now, the buliding process can
be used to generate something similar to a package, but it would be
difficult to bundle all the requirements (for example, the Mongo
DBMS).

But in my opinion you are missing the point (or I am). I don't think
an artist want to install MediaGoblin. I think she just wants to use
it. Until communication beetween server is implemented, and I think
that will not be soon, an artist who runs his server is alone in it,
and is not sharing his work in the same site that other people, she
would be lucky if someone visit his place. The artist will also have
to get a hosting that meets all requirements and take care of any
problem (the install can be the easiest task).

What I think an artist need is to join a server which is already up,
so she can draw/record/write/etc and upload, and forget about
everything else.

Regards,
Manolinux.