[GMG-Devel] Switching from monthly releases to bi-monthly (keeping month

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Switching from monthly releases to bi-monthly (keeping monthly meetings though)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:09:42 -0600

Hi all,

We've done some discussing on IRC and we tend to think that switching
from a monthly to a bi-monthly release schedule makes sense.  As is,
usually a release takes at least one week, then people are burnt out or
whatever the next week, then we do some real work for the next two
weeks, then it's back to scrambling over another release.  Our project
is becoming bigger, which means certain features are also getting bigger
and sometimes take longer to do.  I think we can have more exciting and
productive releases by moving to bi-monthly releases, and everyone on
IRC agreed.

However, we'd like to keep the monthly contributor meetings, as those
help maintain the "heartbeat" of the project at its current rhythm.
This could be helpful too as it means that halfway through the release
cycle we can get some good feedback on where we're at.

Sounds good to everyone?  Looks like that's the direction we're heading.
That means that this somewhat unexciting to announce in-transition
release this weekend will also be skipped for the much-more-exciting
release that's coming next month.

Also, happy new year everyone!  2011 was awesome for MediaGoblin... but
could 2012 be the year of the MediaGoblin federated media webtop? ;)
 - cwebb