[GMG-Devel] migration is done!

From: Will Kahn-Greene
Subject: [GMG-Devel] migration is done!
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:48:55 -0500 (EST)

I locked down the MediaGoblin project in Redmine. You can no longer edit bugs there, though anyone is able to look at them.

I've migrated all the data to our new Trac instance at http://issues.mediagoblin.org/ .

I updated the milestone data, so it's correct now.

I updated the Trac front page so it's more GNU MediaGoblin centric. We should talk about whether that's sufficient or whether we should change it. (Probably the latter.)

I pulled over session data from the previous Trac testing instance, so the following people have accounts: tychoish, aleksej, elrond, myself, and joar.

If you're not in that list, then:

1. you must register with the Trac instance and in doing that create a new account

That's it--just one step!

I get emails for new user accounts created. I'll try to connect peoples' new accounts with their existing data as soon as I can. If you need me to do it sooner and I'm on IRC, let me know.

Going forward:

We need to get settled in Trac and that'll probably involve a bunch of adjustments and a lot of learning how things tick. I don't know exactly what the workflow we were using in Redmine was. However, we need to figure out what we were using and how to map that into Trac or adjust Trac accordingly.

Anyhow, thank you all for your patience in the last 6 months and let me or Chris or someone know if you're having problems!

/will