Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin.org website redesign: request for feedback

From: Karen Rustad
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin.org website redesign: request for feedback
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 11:22:22 -0700

These are awesome!

A couple comments and nitpicks:

Tagline under the mediagoblin header is good. I'd make it bigger (it's
the only explanatory text above the fold)!

OMG direct links to the bugtracker / repo YES! Digging around the wiki
every time I want to find those has been a pain--and I already know
what I'm looking for! And it makes sense to put them with the get
involved / community stuff. Maybe try switching them so they appear
after the "get involved" button? Then the "community" and "mediagoblin
is" headers would be inline.

We might also want to put those links (and any others we consider big
enough to put in the nav) in a footer nav before the licensing info,
since that's a place people customarily look for menus.

I'm not sure about the bullet avatars (the purple circles). Or is that
a placeholder for something else? Little goblin heads?

The subheaders under "The whole shebang" flow into the text they're
supposed to head -- the bold doesn't distinguish them enough. Maybe
make them bolder (if possible) or bigger. Or even adding a little
space between "Displaying media" et al and the first item would help.

-- Karen