[GMG-Devel] Upcoming release and my schedule for the next few weeks

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Upcoming release and my schedule for the next few weeks
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:29:36 -0500

Hi all,

I just wanted to touch base on the release schedule and also my upcoming
traveling plans.  Those might sound like two separate things, but given
I tend to drive releases, they're kinda related!

I think we have enough good stuff in this version to make an exciting
release, so I think we should shoot for the first monday of the month
(August 6th) to push out MediaGoblin 0.3.1.  Which means we should also
have a feature freeze July 30th!

However, I'm also moving!  Morgan and I are moving out of our apartment
in DeKalb on July 31st and we're moving into our new apartment in
Madison, WI in August 16th... which also means we'll be homeless... and
traveling!... for two weeks.  We'll be in Boston for the first week and
New York for the second.  If you live in either area and want to meet
up, let me know!

The first week in Boston will mostly be spent on MediaGoblin stuff,
though half on code and half on looking through some "making me hacking
on mediagoblin sustainable" stuff.  The week in New York will be mostly
vacation though... In the many years Morgan and I have been in a
relationship (which is I guess 8 years) we haven't taken a vacation
together with just the two of us aside from our honeymoon, so I'm
allowing myself that week off.  Once we get back, I should be settling
into Madison... then I should be pretty neck deep into MediaGoblin.

Not sure how interesting that is to people, but there it is.

 - Chris