Re: [GMG-Devel] Reg. temp access to private mg instance

From: Diptorup Deb
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Reg. temp access to private mg instance
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:34:24 -0400

On 10/01/2012 04:13 PM, Joar Wandborg wrote:
If you describe your use case providing a bit more details it would be
possible to file a ticket over athttp://issues.mediagoblin.org  and see
if someone jumps on it.
Thanks for your reply.

What I had in mind was -

a) Create a private GMG instance with a defined list of users and different access levels. b) Now to share any media with a person outside this user base do the following -

b.i) Send them a temporary logon credential via which the media can be accessed.
b.ii)  Set this to the temp logon to expire after a set amount of time.
b.iii) So that they can only access the media for the time allotted.

This access can of course be fine grained to be set at individual gallery/album etc.

The benefit I see is that sharing can be made a bit more fine grained. Thus if there is an office party album you want to share with your colleagues you do not need to set them up on your server. Also temporary user management can be easier (potentially) with guests automatically losing their access after a while.

~ drd

PS - Sorry if I am asking dumb questions. I have not yet done anything with GMG (e.g. setting up an instance). I plan to do so in the near future though.

P.P.S - Is there a features list somewhere on the website?