[GMG-Devel] Thumbnail handling branch ready for pulling (issue 533)

From: Sebastian Spaeth
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Thumbnail handling branch ready for pulling (issue 533)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:31:59 +0100

I created http://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/533 to track this.

This is pre-work for the PDF media type handling which is supposed to show default pdf fallback icons in the beginning. It works by adding a MediaEntry.thumb_url property that template designers can use.

Rather than:

{{ request.app.public_store.file_url(media_entry.media_files['thumb']) }}

you can use:
{{ media_entry.thumb_url }}

This is automatically fall back to the static default icon as configured in the media's MEDIA_MANAGER['default_thumb'].

It also adds a default "image" fallback icon (the configured URL did not exist), based on the Public-Domain Tango icon. Our esteemed web designer might want to replace it with a proper "broken image" icon?

Code is tested and works for me. I am bad at writing tests though, not sure how I would write one for this.

Spaetz

The code is in branch get_thumb_url on git://gitorious.org/~spaetz/mediagoblin/spaetz-mediagoblin.git

The patch in question is: https://gitorious.org/~spaetz/mediagoblin/spaetz-mediagoblin/commit/2534712afaa7833f12f55dc6a611a686485064f2