Re: [GMG-Devel] Proposal: Allow plugins to hook into account nav

From: Sebastian Spaeth
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Proposal: Allow plugins to hook into account nav
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:03:06 +0100

On 27.11.2012 06:58, Nathan Yergler wrote:
I was looking at the plugin API, and decided to try and leverage the
existing hooks for this idea. I'd like to suggest defining a hook as a
string in tools/hooks.py so that plugins and templates can easily
refer to it, and add a docstring there stipulating what implementers
are expected to provide. The hook I've implemented, ACCOUNT_PAGES,
allows plugins to return URLs and labels to be added to the account
edit page navigation.
Hi Nathan,

no comment on the specific code, but in general:
Yes, a few standardized hooks together with the parameters they should be taking would be great indeed. I like the idea of an ACCOUNT_PAGES hook, although I am not too wedded to the name. But something like ACCOUNT_LINKS, ADMIN_LINKS, DASHBOARD_LINKS would be sensible in my opinion.

Sebastian