[GMG-Devel] considering mediagoblin

From: Thomas Koch
Subject: [GMG-Devel] considering mediagoblin
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:14:43 +0100

Hi,

I'm interested in using mediagoblin. I could also code but will be busy the
next year. Could you please be so kind to help me out with some answers?

- What's now the preferred database? Postgresql or mongodb?

Do you plan / have a roadmap for

- multi tenancy. One mediagoblin instance serving different, isolated users?

- private galleries that could be shared with google+ like circles?

- (nested) albums, browsing albums?

Albums might also be implemented using tags to allow media to reside in
multiple virtual "albums". However mediagoblin only seems useful to me, if I
could upload pictures to an album like "christmas 2012 at home" and give
access to this album only to my family.

Thank you,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro