[GMG-Devel] please use signed git tags

From: Thomas Koch
Subject: [GMG-Devel] please use signed git tags
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:02:44 +0100

Hi,

as long as mediagoblin is not packaged in Debian and I need to install it from
Git you could really improve the situation by using signed git tags, via

git tag -s

Thus I could be sure, that I cloned the correct code and not a modified
version. If you wonder whether signing code and artefacts is necessary, please
have look here:

http://www.koch.ro/blog/index.php?/archives/153-On-distributing-binaries.html

It might also be good to use signed commits (since Git 1.7.?), but I don't
have experience with those myself.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro