Re: [GMG-Devel] Code of conduct

From: Alex M (Coyo)
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Code of conduct
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 18:05:58 -0500

On 04/14/2013 03:05 PM, Deb Nicholson wrote:
Hi all,
I am a firm believer in Codes of Conduct. It is much more efficient to set expectations in the abstract and then apply them as situations arise than to have conversations about conduct over and over again.

Agreeing on policies and sticking to them is always good. If everyone knows what to expect, then you have only yourself to blame when you break a rule and get thrown out.

It's better to have fair rules that everyone knows, and that are competently enforced, then to stab people in the back with rules you just made up.

It also lets potential new contributors know what we're like so they can decide if our community is a good fit for their time and effort.