Re: [GMG-Devel] configure/Makefile for mediagoblin

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] configure/Makefile for mediagoblin
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:43:40 -0500

This was another mail long stuck in queue.

I'm not sure what the status of it is... I pinged for an update:
  http://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/536#comment:3

I would be interested in working with someone on figuring out how well
this fits with current mediagoblin infrastructure.

I've been thinking recently about whether or not we might have some
makefile scripts to make development setup shorter.  For example:

  make devenv  # does the whole virtualenv style setup shebang,
               # maybe tries to even help you with appropriate packages
               # if it can detect as such on your system.

  make updateall  # assuming you're running a common pattern of environment,
                  # does a git pull and ./bin/gmg dbupdate and friends?

No idea if that's a good idea and how much that overlaps with this.  If
someone is interested in taking on the state of this, I think conversing
on IRC would be the way to go.

 - Chris