Re: [GMG-Devel] Regarding the Search Interface Project

From: Laura Arjona
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Regarding the Search Interface Project
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:13:28 +0200

Hello Nivedhita, and welcome!

Please read the information for OPW applicants (if you didn't do it yet)
https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen#For_Applicants
and begin to prepare your application, so you have time to manage if
there is any doubt or problem.

If you din't use Mediagoblin before, you can have a look at some live
instances and create an account in one of them, so you get an idea
about how this project looks like:

http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Live_instances

You can install the development environment of GNU MediaGoblin (you will
need to make a small contribution for your application to OPW, this
means fixing a bug or proposing an improvement, or other things).
Follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/HackingHowto

About the search interface, please look at this mail to the list:
http://lists.mediagoblin.org/pipermail/devel/2013-April/000492.html
ant its follow-ups, and join the conversation in the IRC channel
(http://mediagoblin.org/pages/join.html ) to discuss with the other
community members about your ideas.

Welcome again and happy hacking!
Regards