[GMG-Devel] Development environment tool

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Development environment tool
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 15:44:08 -0600

Thanks to Natalie Foust-Pilcher, we have a nice
insta-development-environment tool in master.  If you've ever been
developing and you are really tired of recreating users and media
entries manually over and over again, maybe consider using this tool.

Here's what to do... in the same parent directory that the mediagoblin
checkout is contained within (not the mediagoblin checkout directory
itself... that directory's parent!) check out:

~/devel$ git clone address@hidden:mediagoblin/mg-dev-environments.git

then, when you're in the mediagoblin directory, you can do:

~/devel/mediagoblin$ ./devtools/make_example_database.sh

you can specify a specific tarball to unpack, like:

~/devel/mediagoblin$ ./devtools/make_example_database.sh -e migration-17

Thanks much to Natalie for providing this tool... I think it'll save a
lot of future time!

 - Chris