[GMG-Devel] The Goblin now has bones

From: Jeremy Pope
Subject: [GMG-Devel] The Goblin now has bones
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:36:23 -0600

Hello!

As Chris mentioned in the content-centric theme thread[1], I have taken up the role as "design deputy". This was in part due to Chris asking if I'd like to incorporate my sandy theme[2] into the GMG core. I was extremely happy when the email hopped into my inbox stating that I had been added to the "mediagoblins" team. w00t!

The first change I wanted to implement was to pull in Skeleton[3] to handle the galleries instead of the previous table. This way, when the site is viewed on mobile, the "table rows" don't get broken up and off kilter. Including skeleton also adds more @media queries which make it somewhat more responsive than it was previously. I also applied some of the skeleton classes to the views, specifically where there was a sidebar + main content.

When these changes are pulled in, you will need to run:

$ git submodule init && git submodule update

to pull in the Skeleton source.

If there are any questions, comments, complaints, or just want to slap me around, let me know.

[1] http://lists.mediagoblin.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/000760.html
[2] https://whird.jpope.org/sandy-seventies-speedboat-mediagoblin-theme/
[3] http://www.getskeleton.com/

jeremy m pope <address@hidden>