[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin campaign pre-launch

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin campaign pre-launch
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:11:32 -0600

Heya all,

I've been working hard on the next MediaGoblin fundraising campaign
these last couple of months... this year has been really good for us,
and I want it to continue.  In fact, I want us to have the year ahead
blow this last year out of the water!  That'll be a challenge to pull
off with such a great year behind us, so I've been working really hard
to make the best campaign possible so we can get those resources.

And the MediaGoblin fundraising campaign is nearly set to go!  We're set
to launch on next Tuesday, the 25th.  There's been delays... we intended
to launch this week, but we found out the awesome people at Pitivi (a
compatible and great project) are launching a campaign this week also,
and we didn't want to step on each others' feet.  Keep an eye out for
that one, the Pitivi people are great and we are allies!  (Python based,
using gstreamer, advancing libre graphics... what's not to love?)  :)

Are you interested in possibly helping?  I could use the help!
Specifically, with the following things:

 - Promoting the campaign!  When the campaign launches, the most
   important thing is that people see it.  So I'm asking in advance: if
   there's interest in your end on helping spread the word, please yes
   do so!
 - Embeddable fundraising widget!  It would be great if we could have a
   little widget or even just an image for people to put on blogs, etc,
   to promote the campaign.  I can help point the right direction on
   this.
 - Translation team: we could use help getting the video captioned and
   translated into multiple languages.  This should be possible with the
   latest version of video.js, also.

Interested?  Talk to me on IRC: I'm paroneayea in channel #mediagoblin
on irc.freenode.net :)

People willing to help on any of these in advance get an advance
preview of the campaign as part of the making-the-campaign-go-awesomely
crew.

Thanks, all!
 - Chris