Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin Campaign quick update: Rewards about toship,

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin Campaign quick update: Rewards about toship, new hire, 0.7.0 frozenn
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 09:37:34 -0500

Not forgotten by far.  We need to get 0.7.0 out the door and these
rewards out of here before I can start working on that.  (I'm also going
to put out the +1 donor-voted feature poll beforehand.)

I want to do the right planning on this so it isn't totally messed
up... I could actually probably use some community help if people have
suggestions.  The toughest part is going to be how to figure out to
easily deploy a bunch of instances without tweaking them all
individually, which obviously means using some sort of deployment
automation system.  I've done some research into it but not
enough... probably I'll go with ansible or salt but I haven't really
done quite enough research yet.  When I start doing research, I'll
probably come back to the community saying what my current thoughts
are.  My intent is to publish the general deployment recipes publicly.

Which is to say, it's strongly on my mind, but we need to get these
other things out the door first.  When we open up "registering" for the
premium hosting stuff, that'll be re-opening up the campaign page, but
with the only reward selectable being premium hosting.

Hope that answered some stuff!  Back to 0.7.0's release!
 - Chris