Re: [GMG-Devel] Migrating from transifex (bis)

From: Pavel Kharitonov
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Migrating from transifex (bis)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 10:35:00 -0500

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 02:39:01AM +0300, Boris Bobrov wrote:
> What I don't like about it is that it would require having someone with
> commit
> access available and ready to add that languange.

Moreover, somebody should have the admin permissions for mediagoblin
in Pootle.

> In my opinion, it should be
> more easy to add a new language, than doing some change in the code.

But the change should end up in GIT, anyway, and new languages are
seldom added, less often than e.g. the set of the translatable
strings is updated.

> > Perhaps the "Temlate" language should be present
>
> Pootle docs say that
>
> > If the templates language is absent from a project, Pootle will assume
> > files
> under the project’s source language are translation templates.
>
> Maybe mediagoblin.en.po will be sufficient?

It's something unrelated, English language is not template; there is
a specific "language", "Template"; the filename would be
mediagoblin.pot. I still doubt that Pootle will understand where to look
for it.

> > and Pootle may not understand directory layout, anyway
>
> I am not sure why we have this layout. I don't understand why we have this
> LC_MESSAGES prefix; I know it's the same in Django and I don't know the
> source
> of that layout either. It'd be nice of Pootle to support it if it is so
> popular, but, well.

Perhaps next time when Pootle is upgraded.