Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin starting problem

From: Прокси
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin starting problem
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 17:11:03 +0100

On 2014-Nov-18 07:52, ayleph wrote:

> >> MediaGoblin works from a subdirectory; I run my instance at a
> >> subdirectory. However, you should be aware that if you plan to use the API
> >> for federation, MediaGoblin must be accessible from the root of the
> >> (sub)domain.
> >> --
> >> ayleph
> >
> > Thanks for your response ayleph!
> >
> > If it works from a subdirectory, how can it be achieved? There is no
> > howto on official website and I couldn't find any other resource that
> > could help me.
> >
> > I can live without federation, for now.
>
> I think it's mostly just configuring your webserver to serve fastcgi
> content from a subdirectory (which is arguably outside the scope of
> MediaGoblin installation instructions). However, if memory serves,
> you're using Nginx, and I can't help you with that. I use Lighttpd.

Since I don't know what the problem is I can't claim that the problem
I'm having is MG related, but configuration files does contains parts
where path is specified, so it's not impossible.

However, weather it's the nginx or MG, it would be useful to potential
users (such as myself) to have howto containing nginx configuration when
subdirectory is used available on official MG wiki. This way, this
software is not usable to me and that's just a shame.

Anyway, since you do know how to configure MG in subdirectory in lighty,
would you consider to share that informations on
mediagoblin.readthedocs.org so that someone interested in that kind of
setup can know what to do? I'm sure someone will find that useful.

Thanks!