Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8 testing on Jessie

From: Sebastian Hugentobler
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8 testing on Jessie
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 18:15:37 +0200

> If anyone would like to go through and do a test install of MediaGoblin
> on Debian Jessie following the deployment docs [1], please reply to this
> email via the mailing list. We'll get you set up with a test server
> running Debian Jessie.

At this moment I don't really have the time but I did try out my ansible
role for mediagoblin 0.7 on Debian Jessie a few weeks back.
The only thing that did not work (as far as I saw) was video because
some ffmpeg part was dropped from Jessie and it then could not find the
required filter. Sadly I don't remember what it was exactly and I can't
look it up as I trashed the git history of my debian ansible stuff.
Also I have no idea if this is already taken care of in 0.8.

> P.S. Testing on a distro like Fedora, CentOS or Scientific Linux would
> be welcome, too, but I think I have that mostly covered (I've been doing
> most of my test-install work on those platforms).  In the long-run, I'd
> like to get our docs situated so that Arch Linux and OpenSUSE can be
> included in the deployment docs, too, but that's a bit of a ways off.

While I don't know about these, I can say that it runs good on FreeBSD
10 (again, problems with video but for the moment I think that has to do
with me being a complete beginner on the system). The hardest part was
figuring out which packages/ports are needed.

I don't know if this helps you but just in case.

- Sebastian