Re: [GMG-Devel] Gitorious aquired by Gitlab

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Gitorious aquired by Gitlab
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 09:16:09 -0500

Jim Campbell writes:

> Hi All,
>
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015, at 07:59 PM, ayleph wrote:
>> Hi gang, have any decisions been made on the subject matter? I've seen a
>> number of people come into #mediagoblin over the past couple of weeks
>> asking where to find the source because Gitorious is often inaccessible.
>> I know there's been discussion about various options and it may seem
>> that nothing has all of the desired features, but we're quickly running
>> out of time before Gitorious becomes unusable.
>>
>> I host Goblin Refuge's MediaGoblin code on a personal Kallithea instance
>> [1]. I could offer to host other code as well if it would be beneficial
>> to the project.
>>
>> [1] https://source.salmonlabs.net/goblinrefuge-mediagoblin.git
>>
>> --
>> ayleph
>
> This "What are we switching to?" topic was up for discussion at the
> meeting last Saturday. I wasn't able to attend the meeting, though. Was
> any kind of decision made?
>
> I agree with ayleph that it would be good to get this resolved soon. It
> is a not very exciting feeling to have my ready-to-contribute-to-GMG
> mood dampened because of issues with Gitorious.
>
> I just got a 500 error from Gitorious when trying to do a `git pull
> --rebase` before fixing some bugs tonight.
>
> Jim

Heya,

So we had agreed in the meeting to do a "holding pattern" and deploy to
a simple git / gitolite / gitweb solution for now.  I'll be working on
it next week... it's going to be a prerequisite for next release anyway.

Too bad all this infrastructure collapse stuff is slowing down the
release so much...

That is, unless people would prefer that we use ayleph's Kallithea
instance?  I might be okay with that.  It seems that it's still missing
ssh auth though right?  I think that's the big missing thing for us.

 - Chris