Re: [GMG-Devel] MG + Rackspace Cloud Files

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] MG + Rackspace Cloud Files
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 16:30:27 -0700

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 04:57:27PM -0500, Jim Campbell wrote:
> Thanks, ayleph!
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015, at 04:42 PM, ayleph wrote:
> > I use it heavily, and I can't remember anything weird about setting it
> > up. I can't get you a config now, but it's straightforward.
> > Remove/comment local file storage, add the Cloudfiles directives. Install
> > whatever package is needed (your logs will tell you if GMG can't import a
> > module because it's not installed). Maybe a dbupdate somewhere in there.
> >
> > Cloudfiles doesn't work with python3, so make sure you're using
> > python2.7.
> >

> I'll give things another try later this evening.  Will report back on my
> status, and will add any needed notes to the wiki if I find success.

Here's the relevant portion of my mediagoblin.ini with personal details removed.

[storage:publicstore]
#base_dir = %(data_basedir)s/media/public
#base_url = /mgoblin_media/
storage_class = mediagoblin.storage.cloudfiles:CloudFilesStorage
cloudfiles_user = [USER]
cloudfiles_api_key = [API_KEY]
cloudfiles_container = [CONTAINER]

--