[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin, missing features?

From: Arnaud Fabre
Subject: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin, missing features?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:45:46 +0200

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the good work on MG, we'd like to use the software for our
organization, and I'm in charge of the installation and deployment.

Before installing MG, there is a couple of features that we need and
that I can’t find on the documentation

- Media trans-coding at import, for what I saw with the `video` plugin
is that video are transcoded to WebM, what we want is to auto trans-code
videos to a multiple format at once (WebM, ogv-Theora, and maybe a
couple of others). Same with the audio files.

- Possibility to embed the player in a web page (same as youtube
'share-embed' code block)

Could you tell me if, those features are included in MG and I just miss
them. If not, how could I contribute to MG to include them?

Thanks for your answer,
af.