[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin Instance Media Display Errors

From: Dylan Jeffers
Subject: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin Instance Media Display Errors
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:28:20 -0700

Hi all,

I have set up my server to host a MediaGoblin instance with the
guidelines specified in
http://mediagoblin.readthedocs.org/en/stable/siteadmin/deploying.html,
but am experiencing a technical difficulty. I can upload media fine, but
I can not view them afterwards--a broken page item appears where the
media should be. I spoke with ayleph earlier today who explained it may
be due to an improperly set nginx conf file, or an improper file
permissions, among other things. I have attached the conf file for
review, and also made sure that the user_dev file has chmod 750 with the
mediagoblin user. Are there any other files that I should check for?

The only error that appears in my console is the following:
(From SQlAlchemy) SAWarning: Unicode type received non-unicode bind
param value

A check online gave me mixed results, with many people thinking that it
was unimportant.

Regardless, I would love to get this figured out so I can work closely
with a MediaGoblin instance while I work on Goblinoid.

Let me know if there is any other information that you would like me to
provide.

Best,
Dylan