Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin monthly meeting (Sat September 03, 2016 09:0

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin monthly meeting (Sat September 03, 2016 09:00)
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 10:58:25 -0500

Ben Sturmfels writes:

> I would love to attend this meeting, but 2am Australian time is kinda
> terrible. Would there be any interest in having the meeting on Friday
> evening Pacific Time every second month?

I'm flexible on adjusting the time if others are, but I wonder how that
might affect our European hackers?  It seems like that would kick out a
good number of them.  If only people weren't awake with the position of
the sun globally... damn! :)

> Also, I like talking to people and do too much typing during the week
> already - would there be interest in an audio meeting? I've used Mumble
> a lot and it's brilliant for this kind of thing, plus it's in every
> distro. You just need a headset and a few mins to complete the audio
> tuning wizard before the call. Notes can still go to IRC/wiki of course.

I like Mumble.  I'd be interested in a Mumble hangout.

How about having a Mumble hangout on Friday evening pacific time every
second month, and keeping the IRC meeting?

I have a mumble server we can use.