Re: [GMG-Devel] AMQP as default backend for celery

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] AMQP as default backend for celery
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 07:19:42 -0700

On 06/09/2017 03:28 PM, Boris Bobrov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since today MediaGoblin uses AMQP backend for celery by default.
> BROKER_URL is amqp:// by default. BROKER_TRANSPORT option was
> removed, because it is deprecated in celery for a while and doesn't
> work with BROKER_URL.

Thanks for the notification. I'm excited that we can move forward with
more recent celery now.

I'm not very familiar with rabbitmq, and I do have a question about how
to properly use it. I'm running multiple instances of MediaGoblin on one
machine. How does this change impact my scenario? Does rabbitmq
automatically know how to keep queues separate for multiple clients
somehow? Or do I need to do some kind of configuration to support this?
If nobody knows off the top of their head, I'll investigate and share my
findings back with the group.

--
ayleph