Re: Running multiple site from one binary install

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Running multiple site from one binary install
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 11:39:14 +1000

On Fri, 15 May 2020, Matt Connell wrote:

> On 2020-05-14 11:24, ayleph wrote:
>> Would you like to add some details to the wiki? I don't remember how
>> much work is required to get an account and start editing pages. I think
>> we had problems with spam at one point and may have done something to
>> lock it down. You're absolutely welcome to give it a try if you're so
>> inclined, and I apologize in advance if it doesn't work out or requires
>> a lot of effort.
>>
>> This is the only page where Docker is mentioned.
>>
>> https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/EasyDeployment
>
> I'd be happy to contribute what has worked for me, sure.  Added to my
> idle-time-projects list.
>
> What I run with isn't fancy, but it is reliable and reusable, so hopefully
> someone else can benefit from it as well.

Olivier, I do the single virtualenv/multiple instances thing for two of
my MediaGoblin sites. There's not too much to it, so I'll write it up
for the "Consideration for production deployments docs". I do like that
you can keep the software separate from the data.

Matt, can I hook you up with Michael Lynch (CC'd) who's been looking at
improving our Docker/MediaGoblin situation? Having some collaboration in
this area would be *amazing* and hopefully more satisfying than anyone
tackling this solo. https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5574

Regards,
Ben