Re: Remove sphinx from native inputs

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Remove sphinx from native inputs
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:43:07 +1000

Hi jgart,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, jgart wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 21:55:37 +1000 Ben Sturmfels <ben@sturm.com.au> wrote:
>
>> celery`, since they can't see the inputs.
>
> For now, you could just add python-celery to the propagated inputs if you're
> calling the binary directly from the environment somewhere. That might be the
> right approach in this case.

>From my testing yesterday, selectively using propagated-inputs won't
work currently because both paste and celery require access to all the
other inputs, since they load up most of the MediaGoblin code. I added
paste to the propagated-input, and then it just complained that it
didn't have "waitress"... on and on until you're back where you started
with everything in inputs. Heh.

I suspect all these issues could be covered up in a service, but I think
it would be useful if MediaGoblin also ran from the Guix package
directly.

Regards,
Ben