nano-devel

Re: Emails from the Translation Project robot are spammy

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Emails from the Translation Project robot are spammy
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:35:06 +0200

Op 23-09-2021 om 09:45 schreef Hussam al-Homsi:
> I have received 12 such emails about the latest updates to
> translations. Since they are repetitive notifications intended for the
> maintainer of nano, I think they are wasted in the inboxes of ordinary
> subscribers and list archives. I think they should not be mailed to
> this list.

I think they should.  They are a bit like a patch submission.  And
if I weren't the maintainer, I would still be interested in knowing
for which languages updated PO files have been sent in -- and not
find it out only when the actual release is made.  (But the mails
could be more useful: they could say who submitted the update, and
for how many percent the PO file has been translated.)

> Unrelated nitpicking: in https://www.nano-editor.org/docs.php, "Nanorc
> Man Page" and "Get Nano" should have a lowercase "nano" like
> everywhere else [...]

I disagree.  The bottom lines of the website mimic those of nano, so
"Get Nano" is modelled after "Write Out", "Read File" and "Where Is".

And the document titles all start with a capital, so "Nanorc..." too.

Benno