embedded octave: how to define new functions?

From: Andrea Latina
Subject: embedded octave: how to define new functions?
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 10:42:21 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to embed octave into my code. I've used the canonical
octave_embed.tgz example as a starting point. It compiles and works
fine, but I've encountered a problem as soon as I've tried to define,
with DEFUN(), my first new function.

To begin, I've copied the classic oregonator example into my code and
changed DEFUN_DLD for DEFUN (because my function should be considered
"built in", not loadable) but the programs doesn't see it, and just
tells me:

error: 'oregonator' undefined bla bla bla

Where am I wrong? What should I do ta make my new functions visible to octave?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Andrea