Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Email notifications from bug tracker
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 12:09:35 -0600

> It looks like savannah does send email notifications currently.
> See also this report with some more information:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?110658
>
> I'm also sending this message in case the report doesn't get noticed
> because of the missing notifications. Sorry for the noise in case
> you already saw the other report.

Thanks for the report.  I appreciate the help in keeping an eye on the
system!

I see that on Friday Ineiev has upgraded the Savannah web UI system
from frontend1 to frontend2 bringing things forward to the next stable
Trisquel OS release.  This is great!  Definitely needed.  However in
that process I see that the email system was not fully configured.
That's the cause of the current email not being processed correctly.

I will get Postfix configured for user address mapping, DKIM
signatures, transport, and delivery.  That will fix the future sending
of messages from the web UI which includes bug tickets, password
recovery, and other administrative uses.  I don't think past failed
messages can be re-sent in any meaningful way however.

Thanks again for the problem report!
Bob