pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Anyone using a news server that speaks xzver?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Anyone using a news server that speaks xzver?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 07:14:43 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Sun, 23 Dec 2012 15:16:42 -0800 as excerpted:

> I'm testing Heinrich's new support for xzver (header compression) but I
> have only one server that supports it, and downloading headers from it
> using xzver is painfully slow.  I have no way of knowing if the long
> delays are caused by my server or by pan.  Anyone else tried it yet?

gmane seems entirely broken with the new code.  I can post, but fetching
overviews for subscribed groups simply results in a 500 What? error
logged by pan from gmane when it tries the xzver command, and no new
articles.

I've no idea if that means gmane doesn't support xzver at all and pan is
trying to use it anyway, or if it does and pan's simply screwing things
up so gmane hasn't a clue what pan's trying to get it to do.

I reverted back to 6a8de8 (just before the xzver stuff hit), and pan
pulled down all the overviews I had missed since my last pre-xzver update.