Re: Fwd: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Which Thermopile did you use

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Which Thermopile did you use
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:43:11 +0100

Hi Rick

Quoting Rick Weldon <address@hidden>:

> I'm also considering converting some of
>
> your boards to non-SMD for easier soldering, but I want to try soldering the
>
> SMD stuff first. If its not too hard I'll just stick with it.

At first, i was reluctant too to solder SMD parts. Now, I am reluctant to solder
non SMD parts :) (too many holes to drill).

Next time i build a board, i will take pictures of the tools (soldering iron and
desoldering braid) and method (put a lot of solder, remove excess with bread)
and put them on the homepage.

This is not difficult, it only requires cares to line up components on the board
and to remove solder bridges between pads.

Furthermore, as some recent components only come in SMD packages, this is
the only way to go for them.

Do you etch PCBs yourself ?

Take care
Antoine