[Paparazzi-devel] Part Sources

From: Steve Turner
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Part Sources
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:01:29 -0600

Hi,

    I have been interested in UAV's for a while, and am attempting to build one. I may try to build a paparazzi, and at least use some of your ideas. You guys have done a great job. I am fairly new to the AVR's and C programming, so it is a steep learning curve for me. I have not yet located a source for the modem chip however. I have been unable to find any info on the CMX469D3, but did find some info on a CMX469AD3 (http://www.cmlmicro.com/Products/WData/CMX469A.htm). Is this the chip you used? Looks like most everything else DigiKey has.
    I am also wondering if your printer had any problems printing the board to a transparency without smudging between the small pads of the AVR's? I have a cheap HP printer, and some of my pads print out with 3 pads connected together. Maybe a higher quality printer would work better.
    I have a website with a little stuff on UAV's (http://www.steveonweb.com). More just a collection of some of my ideas. I have since moved away from the PIC's and on the AVR's. Probably nothing new for you guys on there however. Thanks for any ideas or pointers.

Steve Turner
Fort Collins, CO
SteveOnWeb.Com