Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Commercial Application

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Commercial Application
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:26:40 +0200

Hi Christian,

hmmm, seems I broke the email address by removing the 'g' from nongnu.org...

(1) I appreciate the detailed response....thanks! The link you sent me is interesting, I'm a little confused, I thought Paparazzi was open source, meaning that any commercial operations would need to publish all changes to the source code.

Yes, fully open source - so you will find a lot of software commited by Anton and Jeremy :-)

(2) Concerning the bad weather feature, could we not use gyro stabalization instead of IR?

Sure. There are some efforts going that direction, see the IMU hardware in the cvs. It makes the whole thing a lot more complicated, though. The IR gives you absolute attitude at almost no (processor) cost. Especially small aircrafts are a lot simpler to implement than with gyros.

As most of the UAVs do surveilance...you normally don't fly in fog anyway?

(3) We would like to mount a camera to the aircraft so the user can track monitor automobile traffic.

That's what we did - see the videos on the paparazzi page or pfump.org. The Glotzer aircraft has a 2-axis stabilized camera that keeps its eyes on a given location.

Martin