[Paparazzi-devel] UAV Development with paparazzi

From: Richard Smith
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] UAV Development with paparazzi
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 01:30:42 +0000

Hi All,

I run a custom development company and am involved in two projects.

1. Educational build of a UAV with a college.
2. Development of a high speed long endurance UAV.

I would like to use the paparazzi control system for both and also make the results of our work available to the community. In order for us to proceed I would appreciate some help.

Firstly I need to get some boards manufactured fairly quickly, however I am a little confused over which artwork/source code to use. I do not seem to be able to find artwork that matches the photo gallery of a completed system. Can someone help me define a 'standard' parts list, artwork and stable source code to manufacture a working set from?

I intend manufacturing a number of kits and I will also make these available to the paparazzi community at a reasonable price. My intention is to have a supply of built ready to go systems as well as kits of parts for self assembly. I need to have this facility available for the educational project I am involved in so making it available to the community would help reduce costs.

I need to move quickly on this as the build of the educational uav airframe has already begun.

The second project is the development of a high speed long endurance UAV for commercial use. This is in connection with an engineering company and an aviation design engineer. It is our intention to get the UAV started with paparazzi. Again the mechanical build has already begun so speed here is also of essence!

Regards

Richard Smith

Robotic Control & Automation
C/o Smith Engineering, Solway Industrial Estate
Maryport, Cumbria, CA15 8NF, UK

Tel: +44 (0) 7812025724
Fax: +44 (0) 1900 815553
Email: address@hidden