[Paparazzi-devel] hello to the team paparazzi

From: durand olivier
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] hello to the team paparazzi
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:53:50 +0100 (CET)

Hello there,

As a  newcomer to the paparazzi mailing list (here and on IRC as "olivdudu") i 'd like to introduce myself. I am Olivier, i live in western France and fly R/C electric models and slope soarers . I've also been practising aerial photography for ten months by now and this, is becoming the main piece of interest of my hobby. I am also addicted to the cnc foam cutting...
When i  discovered the paparazzi project, roughly two months ago, i told to myself, this might be the proper way to get rid of R/Cpiloting my photoplane and to focus on the photoshooting. Unfortunetly, i don't get confident enough with the smc components welding. That's the reason why i am interresting in the robostix device.  By the time, i am discovering Linux/debian with the paparazzi live cd and have ordered official Debian CDs to install sarge on my pc through a vmware emolution.
Next step will be ordering the hardware. On that topic, would someone tell me which gumstix board should be docked with the Robostix  .I would also like to apply for the buying list.
well, it's not a piece of cake for me, computing is not so easy and i am rather slow, but that helps me going ahead, discovering new environnments and , at the end,that makes good

congratulation to the ppz team for what you do

Bye

olivier